I have been nominated for my first award! I am so thankful and humbled, and I am especially blessed for it to come from a blog I have been checking into and following as I transition back to the professional work space. J’s tips and tricks for making cosmetics work for you are awesome and I highly encourage everyone to check out Beauty’s Expert Amateur‘s blog today! 🙂
As part of this nomination, I get to nominate up to fifteen bloggers I love, post seven facts about myself and post the rules.
I’ll start with the bloggers. Like my reading stack for this summer, my interest varies in blogs. Here are some of my favorites:
Now to share seven facts about myself. This part is tricky for me as I appreciate the anonymity of online blogging, but I’ll give it my best shot 😉
1. I met my husband in first grade as we both had the same teacher (Mrs. R. must be a matchmaker 😉 ) . We started dating in high school and married just after we graduated from college. ❤
2. My son had Mrs. R. last year for his teacher. We are betting on Mrs. R.’s matchmaking skills as my son fell madly in love with a little girl in his class. He loves to express it in fun ways like kissing her on the playground, making her special Valentines, and painting her name on my wall… lol.
3. I once ran for a position in local government and surprisingly was elected. It really opened my eyes to the world (in a good way) and is something I encourage more people to do – to become more involved at the grassroots level government in your local communities, no matter where you lie in the political atmosphere.
4. I played flute all through high school. Then, in college, I was short one measly credit (one class didn’t transfer properly when I switched to the University), and I was thrilled when I could take an optional music lesson – the flute was my instrument of choice of course!
5. I was short one credit from graduating with a psychology minor. Fat lot of good that flute lesson was.
6. We have six (insanely cute, adorable, friendly, noisy, messy, and charming) ducks. I bought them with the intention of eating them this fall, but they are little comedians, and I accidentally gave them permanent names…
7. This is probably no surprise, but I LOVE to read! I have an eclectic collection from Jane Eyre to self-help books to whichever steamy romance I can slip in my cart at Target. Life of Pi has been a surprisingly fun read, and Lisa Scottoline’s “Don’t Go” is a book I read this summer that I couldn’t resell for hopes of future re-reads. My current ‘To Read’ pile includes Tom Sawyer, The Deadly Dowager, Nights in Rodanthe, Love Your Life, Not Theirs, and a stack of Harlequin romances.
Finally, here are the rules:
Rules for the nominations:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for this award and inform them.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Put the logo of Versatile Blogger in your post and display the rules also.
Thanks again for the nomination, BEA!